12/18/08

I drew people at the airport today while I was sitting at my gate. Sometimes I feel nervous/awkward when drawing on site because I worry people will be creeped out if they catch me staring them down and documenting their every move (kinda). Today I did not feel that way. I don't know why... maybe I'm just more comfortable with it by now. It was nice. 

Here's a detail:

And I kept working on caricature. This time I tried drawing myself - which I think is the hardest thing to do in caricature work. You have to be really honest and critical with your look, and when you see yourself every day in the mirror it is easy to forget what distinct features you have and just take them for granted. I think I got past that after two tries, and I ended up with this:
hawt.

6 comments:

De said...

Louise, you're soooo amazing! It's great to see how you literally live and breathe illustration. :)

Louise Smythe said...

i feel the same way about you and design!

have a good break, by the way. :D

Anonymous said...

Louise, I really can't tell you how amazed I am with your art. I know it sounds cheesy but I'm really proud of you! You're an amazing, talented, wonderful person. I luvs you!
-Rachel (Hogue)

Louise Smythe said...

<3 infinity, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

It's really interesting that Hogue posted on this because I was just thinking, your smile in this caricature made me think of her.
~Elise

Louise Smythe said...

yeah they are kinda similar!